Cigarettes have been around for as long as we can remember. Black and white photos in history saw people smoking tobacco in pipes, and later on, full-coloured versions captured the newer generations puffing the much-loved cigarette. As the years went by, however, concerns over the harmful effects of tobacco have increased rapidly, especially because the rate of people dying from smoking-related diseases is still very high.
The growing statistics and the continuing demand to stop the harmful effects of the traditional tobacco cigarette have given way to the creation of the electronic cigarette, which is slowly becoming one of the most in-demand products in the world today.
Now if you’re one of those who’ve already heard of or tried using an e-cigarette but would want to learn more about this revolutionary product, here are some must-knows for you to check out:
- An e-cigarette is free of tobacco, which makes it a great alternative to the traditional cigarette. It’s actually a vaporiser that heats up liquid known as e-juice instead of burning tobacco.
- Puffing e-cigarette isn’t smoking because it’s not technically smoked. The act is called vaping because you’re inhaling vapour from the heated e-liquid. The term vape, by the way, was awarded word of the year in 2014 by Oxford Dictionaries, which is one of the indicators that a lot of people already know about e-cigarettes, with a good chunk of the population—and even celebrities—already using the word.
- You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing the flavours of your e-cigarette juice. It’s said that you have more flavours to choose from than what Baskin-Robbins, the popular ice cream chain has to offer. So, you can just imagine how great your vaping experience would be with all the fantastic flavours you can choose from.
- Unlike the traditional tobacco cigarette that’s said to contain over 4,000 harmful chemicals, including ammonia, arsenic, formaldehyde and other carcinogenic toxins, the e-cigarette only has four main ingredients: glycol, glycerine, flavouring and a little nicotine, making it a lot less harmful than the former.
- While the e-cigarette lasts long, you still need to maintain and keep it in tiptop shape, just as you would with other devices. Aside from charging it properly, you should also clean it regularly, take care of its parts and, of course, invest in the right accessories for it. You don’t have to worry though because there’s a lot of reliable stores out there that serve as one-stop shop for e-cigarettes, e-juices and their accessories.
There’s, of course, the unmistakable wonder of e-cigarettes that’s to help you quit smoking. While you may be one of those who are afraid to stop smoking because of the withdrawal symptoms, you can already wean yourself from this dangerous vice with the help of an e-cigarette. So, why not give an e-cigarette a try today?